How do I create an account?
- Start at SaltyDictionary.com.
- Register an account in seconds by going to the upper right-hand corner on the homepage and clicking “Login” or under Help, and clicking “Register.”
- Choose a Username and Password and valid email and click, “Complete Sign Up.”
- In seconds, your new account has been created!
How do I enter a new topic?
Salty Dictionary is a crowdsourced online dictionary, written by YOU. You can define a word, describe a concept, talk about a personality, or a current event. Once you determine your topic subject, you must enter a category and assign optional #hashtags. You can use one of the existing tags or create your
What is the format?
Regardless of the nature of your subject, your entry should define and describe your topic (word/concept/event/etc.) first. You can enter your opinion once your definition is completed. Entries without definitions will not be approved.
- Topic subject: AstraZeneca Jabs
- Definition: A medical treatment for an illness you do not have.
- Opinion/Argument: It’s not a vaccine, which by definition provides immunity to a disease. This does not provide immunity to anything. In a best-case scenario, it merely reduces the chance of getting a severe case of a virus if one catches it.
What is the length limit?
It’s best to keep descriptions long enough that they’re sufficiently descriptive, so we recommend descriptions between 50–160 characters. Total character limit for an entry is 2000.
How can I contribute to an existing definition?
You can contribute to an existing topic the same way you enter a new one. When contributing, however, you do not need neither category nor tag assignments. The writing format is exactly the same.